Striving for a Balanced Healthy Life

DVD Review - Amy Bento: All Pump Extreme Workout

Saturday, January 3, 2009


Amy Bento: All Pump Extreme Workout

120 minutes of intense strength training. This is definitely an advanced DVD. It requires lots of equipment: a step with 10 risers, dumbells, bands, body bar, and plate loaded bar. I didn't have most of this equipment so I tried to modify where I could. It doesn't provide any equipment modifications but if you are at an advanced fitness level you can probably come up with some on your own. I still got a really good workout and was sore the next day. I learned some good moves that I will try to remember to incorporate in to my regular workouts such as curtsy lunge with side lunges and balancing stick. It doesn't give very many easier modifications and the ones it does provide aren't very good. I think the number of reps was excessive but maybe that is normal for those who spend two hours or more working out each day. I wish I had the time. The elevator music left something to be desired. At least Amy isn't annoying like some workout DVD hosts. She can't count to save her life though. Bless her heart! If you want to learn some new moves or if you need a more challenging workout this DVD is pretty good. You just need to make a pretty steep investment in equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Live N' It Up © 2008. Templates Novo Blogger